So what do you bring to a silent retreat? These things are all highly recommended, but optional. The only requirement is that you bring a heart of expectancy to receive from the Lord.
- Study aids (Bible commentary, dictionary, etc.)
- Sleeping bag or bedding
- Toiletries and a towel
- Rain gear
- Sturdy footwear
- Earplugs (although we usually supply these)
- Snacks (both for yourself and to share on Friday night)
- Double sheet (to hang over your doorway)
- Some people like to bring a folding chair for quiet times on the beach or the bluff
- Musical instruments are welcome!
- Table lamp for your room (helps the cozyness factor)
- Area rug (the tile in the rooms can be cold)